Author Guidelines EDITEDIT AUTHOR GUIDELINES
Kapata Arkeologi publishes original research papers, review articles, case studies and conceptual ideas or theories focused on archaeological research and other disciplines related to humans and culture. Kapata Arkeologi published online twice a year in July and November. Writing should be submitted according to the following restrictions:
- The manuscript should be written in English or Bahasa Indonesia and be submitted online via website of Kapata Arkeologi at http://kapata-arkeologi.kemdikbud.go.id. Online Submission will be charged at no Cost. Author must login in order to make a submission. In case of difficulties, please contact Editorial secretariat via email: email@example.com
- Thereafter, the Author awaits confirmation from Editor in Chief or Editorial Secretariat about the status of the submission. As long as there is no confirmation or notification of the submission status (further review process, accepted or rejected) from Editor in Chief or Editorial Secretariat, Author are prohibited to submitting the manuscript to other journals (Author will receive confirmation or notice of the submission, maximum 3 weeks after the manuscript received by Editor or Editorial Secretariat).
- Writing citations and references (bibliography) shall use reference management software e.g. EndNote® or Mendeley.
1.) Manuscript should be contains at least 2.000 words and should not exceed 20 pages including embedded figures and tables, contain no appendix, and the file should be in Microsoft Office (.doc/.docx) or Open Office (.odt) format. Paper should be in prepared in A4 paper (21cm x 29.7cm) using 2.5 cm for inside margin and 2 cm for top, bottom, and outside margin. No need to alter page number in this template as the page number will be reordered at preprinting process.
The manuscript should begin with title, abstract, and keyword and the main text should consist of: Introduction, Method, Result and Discussion, and Conclusion; followed by Acknowledgement and References.
2.) Title, Abstract, and Keywords
- The title and abstract should be in one column. Title should be less than 15 words, title case, capital letter, centered, bold, font type Font Times New Roman (TNR), font size 16 pt, and single spaced. The main text of the writing should be in two columns with 0,6 cm colom spacing, justified, Font TNR 10 pt, first line indent 5 mm, and 1,15 spaced.
- Abstract contains neither pictures nor tables, justified, in 9 Font TNR, single spaced, and should not exceed 250 words. Keywords should be justified, 9 Font TNR and single spaced.
- Keywords contain three to five words/phrases, and should be separated with a semicolon (;), not a comma (,), 9 Font TNR and single spaced.
3.) Manuscript body.
- The main text of the writing should be in two columns with 0,6 cm column spacing, justified, Font TNR 10 pt, first line indent 5 mm, and 1,15 spaced.
- Consists of: Introduction, Method, Result and Discussion, and Conclusion; followed by Acknowledgment and References.
4.) Heading should be made in four levels. Level five cannot be accepted.
HEADING LEVEL 1
Heading 1 should be written in title case, SMALL CAPS, left aligned, bold, 14 pt Font TNR, 1,15 spaced.
Heading Level 2
Heading 2 should be written Capitalized Each Words, left aligned, bold, 11 pt Font TNR, 1,15 spaced.
Heading level 3
Heading 3 should be written Sentence case, left aligned, bold, italic, 11 pt Font TNR, 1,15 spaced.
Heading level 4
Heading 4 is not recommended, however, it could still be accepted with the format of: Sentence case, left indent 5 mm, 11 pt Font TNR, 1,15 spaced.
Heading level 5
Heading level 5 cannot be accepted in the manuscript.
5.) Figure can be graphs, photos, and diagrams. Ensure that each illustration has a caption. A caption should comprise a brief title (not on the figure itself) and a description of the illustration. Caption should be numbered, in 9 pt Font TNR, placed center in below of figure, and single spaced, whereas multi-line captions must be justified. For layouting purpose, please provide the respective captioned figure/table in with extension .tif/.jpg/.jpeg.
6.) Please submit tables as editable text and not as images. Number tables consecutively in accordance with their appearance in the text. Avoid vertical rules. The table caption is placed above the table, align left, Font TNR 9 pt. The words 'Table' and 'Numbering' should be bold, while table caption is written Sentence case. Number tables consecutively with Arabic numerals in accordance with their appearance in the text (1, 2, 3, etc.). The content of the table using Calibri 7 pt with single space, without vertical line. The inclusion of sources or information is placed at the bottom of the table, align left, italic, Font TNR 9 pt, Sentence case.
7.) The citation is written according to the American Psychological Association Style (APA). The quotation includes the name, year, and source page, for example: (Greene, 1995: 45). References are required using reference management software i.e. Endnote, Zotero or Mendeley in APA style. References should be listed at the end of the paper. Authors should ensure that every reference in the text appears in the list of references and vice versa. Wikipedia, personal blog, or non-scientific website is not allowed to be taken into account. Primary references should be at least 80% from at least ten references. Primary references i.e. scientific journal articles, proceedings, research reports, undergraduate thesis, graduate thesis, and dissertations. Secondary references i.e. books, newspaper articles, electronic media, and others.
Sample of correct formats for various types of references are as follows
- Journal article: Author. (year). Title. Journal Name, volume(Issue), pages.
- Book: Author. (year). Book Title. City, State or Country: Publisher.
- Part of book: Author. (year). Title. In Editor (Ed.), Book Title (pp. pages). City, State or Country: Publisher.
- Conference proceedings: Author. (year). Title. In Editor (Ed.), Proceedings Title (pp. pages). City, State or Country: Publisher.
- Newspaper article: Author. (year, Month, day). News Title. Newspaper Publisher, p. pages.
- Web page/electronic sources: Author. (year). Title. Retrieved Month day, year, from URL.
- Unpublished paper: Author. (year). Title. In Event Title. City, State or Country.
- Thesis, dissertation: Author. (year). Title. Thesis University.
- Patent/Standart: Inventor. (year). patent ID number: Title. Country: Issuer.
- Research Report: Author. (year). Research report: Title. City: Publisher.
- Statute: Statute Name. Statute Title, Pub. L. No. statute number (year). Country.
8.) The detailed of Author Guideline and Journal Template can be downloaded here:
The Board is authorized to reject a manuscript based on peer reviewer advice and make a necessary changes or adjustment related with language properties without altering the substance. Substance editing would be consulted with the author first.